An interesting blog post by Jeremy Helfand, vice president of Video Monetization at Adobe.
Digital video is experiencing an unprecedented outpouring of attention, innovation and creative energy. Even with the challenges that come with any emerging business opportunity, there are many reasons why digital video is at an inflection point and poised for extraordinary growth
He lists some critical reasons:
- Consumer behavior is changing in fundamental ways.
- The critical path items for digital video are known.
- Monetization possibilities are evident and evolving.
- Major programmers and operators are leaning forward.
- Advertising Follows Engaged audiences – and Digital Video Engages.
To learn more about the specifics, read the full blog post on the Digital Media blog.